Police nab business robbery suspects

Facebook
X
LinkedIn
WhatsApp
Email

By Staff Reporter

BETHLEHEM — A coordinated operation by Bohlokong police and the Bethlehem Public Order Police has led to the arrest of four suspects linked to a business robbery reported last month, with an unlicensed firearm and stolen property recovered.

According to Thabo Mofutsanyana district police spokesperson Warrant Officer Mmako Mophiring, the robbery occurred on Thursday, 28 November 2025, at about 19:30, when a 25-year old foreign national was inside his tuckshop in Bohlokong.

“It is alleged that four suspects entered the shop, one of them armed with a firearm, and robbed the victim of an undisclosed amount of cash, a cellphone and car keys before fleeing on foot,” said Mophiring.

A case of business robbery was subsequently opened.On 14 December 2025, police acted on information received and arrested the first suspect, aged 35, in Bohlokong.

Mophiring said further intelligence led Bohlokong police to enlist the assistance of Bethlehem Public Order Police. The team proceeded to Extension 1, Bohlokong, where three more suspects aged 40, 46 and 47 were arrested at a house later the same day.

The suspects were found in possession of an unlicensed firearm and ammunition. Police also recovered a cellphone, car keys and a knife. The firearm was circulated and confirmed to have been reported stolen in Phuthaditjhaba.

All four suspects have been charged and are expected to appear before the Bethlehem Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday, 17 December 2025. Three of the suspects face additional charges of possession of an unlicensed firearm and ammunition.

Free State police have praised the dedication and teamwork of the officers involved, as well as the community members whose information led to the arrests.

Police have also urged business owners to avoid operating late at night, warning that criminals often pose as customers to commit robberies.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Bloemfontein
19/05
Tue
8°C
overcast clouds
Wed
daily_wether_icon
18°C
15°C
Thu
daily_wether_icon
17°C
15°C
Fri
daily_wether_icon
15°C
16°C
Sat
daily_wether_icon
16°C
17°C
Sun
daily_wether_icon
18°C
18°C
Mon
daily_wether_icon
19°C
18°C
Tue
daily_wether_icon
18°C
17°C
Related Posts
Rametlae Setjhaba 'tjabination' Resekgobo.
Read More
TMD municipality Youth Development Officer Mpiyakhe Tshabalala appeals on youth to celebrate June16 meaningful.
Read More
Mafube learners doing CPR after EMs paramedics demonstration.
Read More
16 May 2026
Teacher arrested over alleged corporal punishment
By Teboho Moloi HARRISMITH – The Free State Department of Education has launched an internal investigation...
09 May 2026
Police bust R7.8m illicit cigarette haul
By Teboho Moloi BETHLEHEM – Two foreign nationals, aged 27 and 28, have been arrested after police uncovered...
09 May 2026
Police hunt killers after businessman gunned down in Meqheleng
By Teboho Moloi FICKSBURG – Free State police have launched a manhunt and appealed for public assistance...
27 April 2026
Mora o leka ho bolaya Mmae, ho fumana maemo ka hara lequlwana
Ka Teboho Moloi LADYBRAND -Lekgotla la magistrata la Ladybrand le kgutliseditse nyewe kgahlano le moqusuwa...
27 April 2026
Triple life sentences for cop killer
By Teboho Moloi WELKOM – A 55-year old Mozambican national has been handed three life sentences for the...
25 April 2026
Industrial hub under siege as vandals target infrastructure in Qwaqwa
By Emily Setona QWAQWA – Escalating acts of vandalism and cable theft in Qwaqwa’s Industrial Area 2 have...
22 April 2026
R50,000 reward offered to crack wave of QwaQwa murders
By Teboho Moloi QWAQWA – Police in the Free State have put a R50,000 bounty on the table in a renewed...
19 April 2026
Suspect escapes police custody in Heilbron, manhunt launched
By Teboho Moloi QWAQWA – What should have been a policing success has turned into a major embarrassment...
08 April 2026
Confession leads police to girlfriend’s body in Qwaqwa murder case
By Emily Setona QWAQWA – A 42-year old Slovo Park man is behind bars after allegedly walking into a police...
07 April 2026
Bloemfontein rocked by brutal Easter weekend violence
By Teboho Moloi BLOEMFONTEIN – A wave of violence over the Easter weekend has left two young men dead...