Lover murder case postponed for bail

Facebook
X
LinkedIn
WhatsApp
Email

By Teboho Moloi

BLOEMFONTEIN – The murder and defeating-the-ends-of-justice case against Pieter Motsamai De Boer (34) of Kloofeind farm, outside Bloemfontein, was postponed on Wednesday, 11 February, for a formal bail application.

Motsamai made his first appearance in the Bloemfontein Magistrate’s Court following the discovery of his 27-year old girlfriend’s body, buried in a shallow grave along the N8 between Bloemfontein and Petrusburg on Monday, 9 February 2026.

Police said the suspect had earlier reported the woman missing in January, allegedly providing false information at Parkweg Police Station that she had left the farm to visit an aunt in Pieter Swart, Bloemspruit.

Free State police spokesperson Lt-Col Thabo Covane said an intelligence-driven operation led to the discovery of the body.

“The shallow grave was pointed out by the 34-year old suspect. The decomposed remains of the victim, identified as his girlfriend, were exhumed on Monday,” Covane said.

Crime scene experts were at the site from early Monday morning, and the suspect was arrested immediately.

Motsamai will return to court on Thursday, 19 February 2026, for his bail application.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Bloemfontein
19/05
Tue
8°C
overcast clouds
Wed
daily_wether_icon
18°C
15°C
Thu
daily_wether_icon
17°C
15°C
Fri
daily_wether_icon
15°C
16°C
Sat
daily_wether_icon
16°C
17°C
Sun
daily_wether_icon
18°C
18°C
Mon
daily_wether_icon
19°C
18°C
Tue
daily_wether_icon
18°C
17°C
Related Posts
Rametlae Setjhaba 'tjabination' Resekgobo.
Read More
TMD municipality Youth Development Officer Mpiyakhe Tshabalala appeals on youth to celebrate June16 meaningful.
Read More
Mafube learners doing CPR after EMs paramedics demonstration.
Read More
16 May 2026
Teacher arrested over alleged corporal punishment
By Teboho Moloi HARRISMITH – The Free State Department of Education has launched an internal investigation...
09 May 2026
Police bust R7.8m illicit cigarette haul
By Teboho Moloi BETHLEHEM – Two foreign nationals, aged 27 and 28, have been arrested after police uncovered...
09 May 2026
Police hunt killers after businessman gunned down in Meqheleng
By Teboho Moloi FICKSBURG – Free State police have launched a manhunt and appealed for public assistance...
27 April 2026
Mora o leka ho bolaya Mmae, ho fumana maemo ka hara lequlwana
Ka Teboho Moloi LADYBRAND -Lekgotla la magistrata la Ladybrand le kgutliseditse nyewe kgahlano le moqusuwa...
27 April 2026
Triple life sentences for cop killer
By Teboho Moloi WELKOM – A 55-year old Mozambican national has been handed three life sentences for the...
25 April 2026
Industrial hub under siege as vandals target infrastructure in Qwaqwa
By Emily Setona QWAQWA – Escalating acts of vandalism and cable theft in Qwaqwa’s Industrial Area 2 have...
22 April 2026
R50,000 reward offered to crack wave of QwaQwa murders
By Teboho Moloi QWAQWA – Police in the Free State have put a R50,000 bounty on the table in a renewed...
19 April 2026
Suspect escapes police custody in Heilbron, manhunt launched
By Teboho Moloi QWAQWA – What should have been a policing success has turned into a major embarrassment...
08 April 2026
Confession leads police to girlfriend’s body in Qwaqwa murder case
By Emily Setona QWAQWA – A 42-year old Slovo Park man is behind bars after allegedly walking into a police...
07 April 2026
Bloemfontein rocked by brutal Easter weekend violence
By Teboho Moloi BLOEMFONTEIN – A wave of violence over the Easter weekend has left two young men dead...